Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will be aware of the implications technology has had on our daily lives. The way we communicate, our entertainment means, our lifestyle, and our work methods have undergone a sea change since the beginning of this century. One of the key factors that have brought about this change is the use of smartphones for recharge.
Earlier we used to visit our nearest mobile retail store to get a simple top up done by paying the necessary cash. For post-paid bills, we used to write a cheque addressed to our network operator and drop it our nearest bank branch or travel for kilometres in case we did not have a store in our vicinity. Imagine the wastage of time and money it entailed.
However, modern methods of recharge have ensured this is not the case anymore. These days, almost everyone has a smartphone through which we can pay our mobile bills easily without having the need to leave the comfort of our homes.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of making online payments;
- Convenience: When you can make the payment without moving an inch from your comfy sofa or your comfortable bed, why take the hassle of going outside your home in extreme temperatures. All you need is a strong internet connection and enough money in your bank account for a successful recharge.
- Ease in Operation: All it requires for making payments is taking a few simple steps of mobile registration, entering your card details (date of expiry, card number and CSC code) and the amount. Once the authorization process is complete (this requires confirmation of payment from the bank), the payment goes through and you get a notification shortly from your bank as well as the network provider about having received the payment.
- Secure: E-commerce apps such as Paytm and Mobiquik for the purpose of online recharge have ensured that the data you have fed to their servers is 100% safe and secure. This information is not shared with any third party under any circumstances. Although it saves your card number and expiration date for your convenience (so that you don’t make the effort of entering that info every time you log in), the CSC code and bank password are pieces of info that only you know about.
- Cashback Offers: For every recharge amount that you enter, there are cashback and moneyback guarantees that apps like Paytm offer. Whether you want to pay your electricity bills, book movie tickets, top-up your metro card or shop for online products ranging from mobile gadgets to T-shirts, there are enough cashback schemes along with multiple discounts and shopping coupons that are available for you to choose. They come with an expiration date before which you can avail their benefits at cafes, restaurants, superstores and theatres.
- Digitized Method: The digitized method of mobile recharge requires you to just carry your debit or credit card without the need to have ready cash with you at all time. This is the biggest advantage in a post-demonetisation economy which leads to less wastage of resources, especially paper.