Ceiling fans have evolved to be much more than just air circulators. They are designer complete with mood lightings. On the other hand, you can easily buy a table fan and save some precious bucks.
Let’s find out what is the right choice for you by looking at the pros and cons of ceiling fans and table fans.
- You can use it outdoors or indoors.
- It covers a large area of the room.
- They come with lighting options as well to elevate the décor of your room.
- There are many different kinds of fans that you can purchase –a 2 blade, 3 blade, 4 blade or even an 8 blade fan for your room.
- The colour choices and sizes are endless.
- Ceiling fans are aerodynamically designed for efficient air flow.
- The motor powering the ceiling fans is pretty powerful.
- The ceiling fan price is pretty high compared to a table fan.
- Installation charges apply.
- If you have a sloping ceiling, you need a different kind of fan.
- The hanging height may need to be adjusted by using down rods.
- To clean the fan blades, you have to get up on a stool or ladder to be able to reach it.
- The fan price is really affordable. So for youngsters and students, it is the best choice.
- The oscillating fan covers a large area just like ceiling fans.
- You can take the table fan with you wherever you go because it is highly portable. You can move it to another room, or take it outside or even while moving houses.
- There are many designs available to complement your interiors.
- It is very easy to clean the fan. Just remove the grill and wipe it with a cloth.
- The table fan that is battery operated can work even if there is no electricity.
- You do not need anyone to come install it for you.
- Tiltable fans can be used in winters as well.
- The static table fans don’t cover a large area.
- The oscillating table fans cover a large area but the air flow is intermittent.
- Fans made of metal can rust and need to be polished.
- Small table fans can be pretty noisy.
- A table fan may not be enough in hot summers. You may need a ceiling fan along with it.
After knowing the Pros and cons of both table fans and ceiling fans it is clear that it is best suited to different types of people are good for people with a small budget and low maintenance or those who are looking to supplement the air circulation in their house. Ceiling fans are ideal for people with a bigger budget and looking to tastefully decorate their house. The ceiling fan price may be off putting for some people but you can always shop online to get exclusive discounts on your purchase.